The Equity Research Associate is responsible, under direct supervision, for data collection, statistical studies, and research for individual companies and their securities, within their specified industry. The role of the Equity Research Associate is to develop the techniques and skills necessary for investment analysis and research of securities.
This position is located in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Actively works to gain knowledge within the Semiconductors sector. Performs general research duties for senior team members. Monitors specific companies and informs analysts of important developments.
- Participates in meetings and calls with clients on the stocks under coverage. Responsible for filling information requests from clients and sales force regarding individual securities or industry groups.
- Prepares draft research reports and briefs.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of models.
- Participates in firm activities, committees or task forces and recruiting efforts as well as external/industry related events and organizations as appropriate.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
- MBA a plus.
- 1-4 years experience in equity research, investment banking, or general finance.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial, mathematical and accounting techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to express ideas effectively and fluently. Comfortable with client interaction. Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Factset a plus.
- Ability to organize time well, set proper priorities, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses preferred.
- CFA or working towards the designation preferred.
About B. Riley FBR, Inc.
B. Riley FBR, Inc. is a leading investment bank which provides corporate finance, research and sales and trading to corporate, institutional and high net worth individual clients. Investment banking services include initial secondary and follow-on offerings, institutional private placements and merger and acquisitions advisory services, and corporate restructuring. The firm is nationally recognized for its highly ranked proprietary equity research.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:RILY), through its subsidiaries, provides collaborative financial services and solutions to the capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley FBR, Inc., Wunderlich Securities, Inc., Great American Group, LLC, B. Riley Capital Management, LLC (which includes B. Riley Asset Management, B. Riley Wealth Management, and Great American Capital Partners, LLC) and B. Riley Principal Investments, a group that makes proprietary investments in other businesses, such as the acquisition of United Online, Inc.
To apply, please click here.