Summary of Position
An Equity Research Associate in the specialty and biopharmaceutical industries is responsible, under direct supervision, for data collection, financial modeling (building, maintaining, revising) and analysis of news flow that may affect the share prices of coverage companies and key sector peers. Analysis of news related to commercial aspects, basic and clinical research for pipeline candidates, regulatory affairs, market size and market penetration assessment are key areas of analysis. The role of the Equity Research Associate is to support the growth of the incumbent senior analyst’s coverage franchise. The associate will also develop the techniques and skills necessary for investment analysis and research of securities.
This position is located in our New York, NY office.
- Actively works to build upon industry knowledge within healthcare sub-sector covering specialty and biopharmaceuticals. Performs general research duties for senior team members. Monitors specific companies and informs analyst of important developments.
- Participates in meetings and calls with clients on the stocks under coverage. Responsible for supporting senior analyst including addressing requests from clients and sales force regarding individual securities or coverage group.
- Prepares draft research reports and briefs.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of models.
- Participates in firm activities, committees or task forces and recruiting efforts as well as external/industry related events and organizations as appropriate.
- Proficiency in science and financial aspects of biopharmaceutical sector. Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or alternatively a Bachelors degree in a science background relevant to the biopharmaceuticals industry i.e. Biology or Chemistry.
- Advanced degree (s) including MBA, Masters of Science, PharmD or PhD desirable.
- Work experience: Ideal candidate will possess 1-4 years of work experience that is applicable to equity research including (1) healthcare investment banking or venture capital experience, (2) prior equity research experience with a broker dealer/investment bank, or (3) corporate role in a relevant life sciences industry.
- Strong analytical skills including attention to detail and understanding relevant financial, mathematical and accounting techniques.
- Looking for strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to express ideas effectively. Ability to write clearly and concisely and a desire to work as part of a team are keys.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are requirements and experience with using Bloomberg and FactSet are pluses.
- Ability to organize time well, set proper priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses preferred. CFA designation or progress viewed favorably.
To apply, please click here.